Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Following Filibuster

Dearest Friends of the interwebs,

I've known quite a few webs personally in my day (cobwebs... spider webs...), and I must say that I have yet to see such destitute and morose conditions present in a web. Yet, here I am, again tapping on the keys of QWERTY. ... it is in this vast and empty existence, abandoned in the corner of the room that the eldest child of this household dwells in, that I have been neglected. Yet, in the solace of one true friend, well, I do not know of the name of my new companion. He is a platypus... one of earth's most noble creatures I am sure...

It is here that I admit to the fact that I am not as well versed in American society and culture as I would like to be. I've seen many a dusty corner in my day, and the bookshelves have been one of my favorite places to be left-- I could not recall the amount of time I have been able to spend scouring the pages of old encyclopedias and children's novellas. One of the most entertaining novels I have read so far would have to be of the title "Dictionary".

And, oh, how I'm getting off track again. What I meant to point out with such ramblings was the mere fact that I did not, until last night of course, know of the existence of such creature known as the platypus. Today, I was able to sneak into the lounge while the bloody vacuum was howling.... it seems as if the thing has been running since the traitor first crossed the threshold. I flipped through the P encyclopedia... and lo and behold, I saw the queerest creature in all my life. It was much stranger than the household cat (a villain that I have despised since it first nipped at me, and pulled out one of my feathers).

And yet, how I wish that the creature I had met last night would again respond to me... the knowledge that I am not alone in my isolation was more than a joy to discover. I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my dainty wooden handle. How sweet the knowledge of such amiable contact was.

The vacuum has just shut up... and though I hate to pattern my own behaviors and timings after such a distasteful device, I must sign off before anyone hears the clattering of these keys. Until later...

Au Revoir mon ornithorynque

~Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment