Monday, April 6, 2009

The First Hours of the Filibuster

Dear Homo Sapiens of the Internet (though I've heard you referenced as "mom" and "dad" and "sister" and "baby" I'd like to use a more general and professional term... this is after all a professional matter.)

You may or may not know that I am what many of you have named a "featherduster". As I type this, I would like to point out that I am not merely a duster made of feathers, but I'm an ingenious tool created a very long time ago... created by none other than your species!

... and yet, here I lay, sadly tapping the keys of this ancient keyboard, my peer and comrade. I have been abandoned. Today the family returned to this house... with a box.. a large box... a colorful box. As I wiped the dust away from eyes I could see the truth...






a vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Olga, thank you for the comment on my blog. I have no grudge against the Homo Sapiens. I feel that they are a large group of social animals that find joy and purpose in finding and creating things. Like me, you have been used and pushed to the side.

    While the Homo Sapiens, use newer item, we are left collecting the theoretical and actual dust in their lives. This new vacuum shall only be another item that will come to pass in the lifespan of the Homo Sapiens.

    ReplyDelete